Melbourne, 2 June 2020 – One of Australia’s leading commercial real estate investment manager’s, MaxCap Group has announced it has become a signatory of the United Nations supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The PRI were developed by an international group of institutional investors reflecting the increasing relevance of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues to investment practices. The process was convened by the United Nations Secretary-General.
The PRI signatories form an international global network of asset managers, owners and service providers working together to put responsible investment into practice. The principles aim to provide a framework for integrating ESG considerations into investment decision-making and ownership practices.
Wayne Lasky, Managing Director, MaxCap said “We are delighted to become a PRI signatory. In addition to our focus on our investment activities and institutional-grade processes at an enterprise level, our intention is for ESG considerations to underpin all of our decision making, creating long term sustainable value for our investors, borrower clients, employees and the community.”
MaxCap Group is committed to best practice in ESG and Responsible Investment across its operations and investment strategy. We recognise that these approaches can help to ensure the alignment of investment activities with the broader interests of stakeholders and society. Addressing ESG factors such as supply chain, diversity and resilient communities in the investment process, will ultimately strengthen financial returns and create long term value across MaxCap’s client base. MaxCap also recognises the long-term risk presented by climate change and as such has incorporated relevant considerations into its due diligence and risk management processes.
“We welcome MaxCap Group as a PRI signatory”, said Fiona Reynolds, Managing Director of the PRI. “Their commitment demonstrates the growing awareness and importance of ESG to the investment decision-making process.” The six Principles of Responsible Investing to which MaxCap is now committed are:
• We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
• We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
• We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
• We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
• We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
• We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.