This position is responsible for providing analytical support for the origination, execution and ongoing management of equity investments. The key objective is to provide analytical support on transactions by performing detailed financial modelling, collating research and other important information, drafting investment papers and investor reporting.
• Perform real estate market research to help identify investment opportunities in consultation with internal research team.
• Attend meetings and networking events to help grow our partner network.
• Perform initial deal filtering analysis on new investment opportunities.
Deal Structuring and Execution:
• Complete in-depth analysis of real estate investment opportunities, including market dynamics, financial returns, partner capability and key risks.
• Develop cash flow / feasibility models to assess viability of projects against key risk and return parameters.
• Assist in evaluating structuring options and drafting agreements with joint venture partners.
• Manage data collation and draft investment papers for Investment Committee approval.
• Prepare materials for presentation to investors, including information memoranda and pitchbooks.
• Support the preparation of project briefs and instruction documents for project consultants, advisors, agents and lawyers.
Management of Investments:
• Perform ongoing monitoring of project progress / investment performance against key metrics.
• Act as a key point of contact between internal teams and joint venture partners.
• Attend project control group (PCG) meetings.
• Draft regular investor reports to keep investors informed of progress.
S.O.A.R with Integrity
Interpersonal / Communication Skills:
It is essential that the incumbent of this role have a well-developed ability to:
• Build relationships based on trust and respect.
• Work as a collaborative member of a team and contribute to the growth and enhancement of the team culture.
• Persuade and influence the thoughts and actions of others.
• Build rapport and professional credibility.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Capabilities – Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience across multiple real estate asset classes across both development and investment and understanding of key commercial drivers.
• Experience drafting investment papers or equivalent deal documentation.
• Well-developed ability to conceptualise and deliver complex financial modelling and feasibility analysis.
• Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
• A relevant Degree in Commerce, Business, Law, Property or related discipline.
• Commercial Property or property finance experience gained with a fund manager, private equity firm, investment bank, property developer, advisory firm or similar.
Attitudes and Behaviours:
• Commitment to working as part of a team and contributing to the overall success of the business.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to plan effectively and take accountability for delivering results.
• Ability to prioritise work across multiple commitments.
• Commitment to high standards of client service with a balanced focus on our commercial priorities.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.
• An ethical approach and unquestionable integrity.
• Desire and willingness to strive to achieve optimal results.
• A flexible and agile approach.
• Ability to work independently.