This position is responsible for originating, executing and overseeing direct investment transactions in NSW and QLD. The incumbent is responsible for contributing to Direct Investment strategy and execution and managing key relationships with industry participants.
Origination & Execution:
• Create and nurture industry relationships to source new direct investment opportunities across all asset classes.
• Lead detailed due diligence processes to complete in-depth risk analysis of direct investment and development projects.
• Prepare and present requisite investment papers for investment committees outlining key risks and objectives of potential transactions.
• Manage the development of cash flow/feasibility modelling and analysis to assess viability of projects against return risk and other return parameters.
• Prepare joint venture term sheets, heads of agreement and funding proposals for potential clients.
• Prepare project briefs and scope for the engagement and instruction of project consultants, advisors, agents and lawyers.
• Manage the preparation of information memorandums and pitchbooks for presentation to financiers and investors.
• Liaise with internal and external experts to understand and manage accounting and tax implications for transactions.
• Work collaboratively with MaxCap Distribution teams to clearly define and document investment opportunities within remit.
• Support and or lead direct investor communications to influence institutional or private capital investors.
• Proactively manage relationships with joint venture partners.
• Monitor investments to ensure strategic objectives and investor targets are met.
• Manage communication and reporting of material changes to investment committees.
• Review and manage regular investor reporting.
• Lead the negotiation of legal documentation for transactions including finance and security documents, joint venture agreements, subordination deeds, tri-partite agreements, leases, contracts of sale, development management agreements, consultant agreements, sale agency agreements, sale and purchase agreements, subscription and investor deeds.
• Maintain oversight of asset management and reporting requirements including attendance at project control group (PCG) meetings, review of PCG reports and internal fund reporting.
• Where necessary, lead the procurement debt facilities including strategy, documentation, satisfaction of the conditions precedent, draw-down evaluation and ongoing management.
• Contribute to the national Direct Investment strategic planning framework on a formal and informal basis.
• With the Head of Direct Investment, lead the preparation and execution of the Direct Investment strategy for NSW and QLD.
• Contribute to preparation of new product and capital strategies for Direct Investment.
• Proactively engage with internal NSW and QLD teams to drive growth strategies and identify market opportunities.
• Proactively engage in market facing events and initiatives to drive positive brand awareness of MaxCap Group and MaxCap Direct Investment.
S.O.A.R with Integrity
Interpersonal / Communication Skills:
It is essential that the incumbent of this role have a well-developed ability to:
• Build strong relationships based on trust and respect.
• Persuade and influence the thoughts and actions of others.
• Articulate and persuasively present critical argument.
• Negotiate and influence successful outcomes.
• Build rapport and professional credibility.
Education, Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
• Significant commercial property or property finance experience gained with a real estate investment team, boutique investment banking firm, fund manager, development manager or private equity firm.
• Demonstrable success originating and managing real estate transactions, ideally in joint venture partnerships.
• Extensive experience across multiple real estate asset classes including investment and development.
• Detailed understanding of financial modelling and feasibility analysis.
• Ability to lead due diligence processes and negotiate term sheets.
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
• Well-developed professional networks combined with the ability to develop and nurture new relationships.
• A relevant Degree in Commerce, Business, Law, Property or related discipline.
• Strategic thinker able to develop creative solutions.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to plan effectively and take accountability for delivering results.
• Commitment to high standards of client service with a balanced focus on our commercial priorities.
• An ethical approach and unquestionable integrity.
• Desire and willingness to strive to achieve optimal results.
• A flexible and agile approach.
• Ability to work independently