The primary objective of the role is to advise the investment team on transaction structuring and commercial terms, lead settlements process and oversee loan management post close.
• Proactively advise and support Investment professionals throughout structuring of a new deal including EOIs or Indicative Terms Sheets
• Collaborate with and support Investment professionals on initial due diligence aspects on deals
• Maintain oversight of and ensure compliance with Deal Allocation Policy
• Maintain appropriate registers and reporting on SMA’s.
• Support and provide advice to the Chief Investment Officer to ensure delegation from the Investment Committee are appropriately executed.
• Manage panel firms, including relationship management and ongoing assessment on quality and expertise
• Instruct external advisors on documentation
• Liaise with legal firms to build required documentation including all agreements relating to MaxCap structure, Funds, Investor agreements, Borrower facilities and security
• Manage execution of finance documents
• Collaborate and support the Investment professionals on managing financial close and condition precedent
• As required participate in and provide support with respect to loan monitoring and review
• Provide advice and support to non-performing loans
• Oversee conditions subsequent compliance
• Manage external advisors to prepare default notices and variation deeds as required
• Collaborate and support the Investment professionals on interpretations and review of existing loan documentation
• Provide support and advise on any consents, waivers or variation in respect of existing loan documentation
• Build and leverage a high performing team.
• Ensure all staff have KPI’s and development objectives.
• Drive ongoing development of MaxCap culture, consistently lead by example, set expectations and hold people accountable to behaving in line with the values.
• Deliberately build the capabilities and spirit of the team to achieve ambitious objectives.
S.O.A.R with Integrity
Interpersonal / Communication Skills:
It is essential that the successful candidate of this role possess the ability to:
• Communicate effectively (written and verbal)
• Inspire and motivate people to strive to achieve optimal outcomes
• Ability negotiating and influencing outcomes
• Persuade and influence the thoughts and actions of others
• Articulate and persuasively present critical argument
• Build rapport and professional credibility
Education, Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
• Degree qualified (law) or appropriate alternative qualification
• Property law experience gained in-house or in a recognised Australian law firm
• Relatable expertise in real estate, property construction and or property development
• Experience managing teams of external advisors
• Ability to effectively manage investment risk
• Experience advising on commercially focused legal matters
• Ability to work autonomously in analysing and interpreting new situations and resolve legal issues with minimal supervision.
• Experience working in a fast paced, high expectation environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Commercially minded
• Good lateral thinker with a flexible and agile approach
• Desire and willingness to strive to achieve optimal results
• Acts ethically and with unquestionable integrity
• Friendly, approachable and professional.